Pages

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Message from Mommy

Dear Kairi, 

        I'm over nine and a half months pregnant now and am so looking forward to finally holding you in my arms for the first time.  It has been an incredible journey getting to know you already and I am amazed by how very much I already adore you!  Never in my wildest dreams could I have known how deep a mothers love for her daughter could be.  Your simplest movements make me so proud and fill my heart with joy, it's amazing how the smallest things can take up the biggest parts of your heart.

        Whenever I married your father I thought my life was complete here.  I had a lovely home and a partner to share life's journey with.  It was an exciting time, and he and I had loved planning our future family and talking about all the wonderful places we could take our children one day.  When we discovered you were on the way everything became so much sweeter.  Daddy and I had each other, but now we have everything because you are coming into our lives.  There is so much we can't wait to show you, teach you, and experience with you.  

        Daddy has been so great these past nine months and he already loves you so much!  He spends lots of time talking to you, feeling you move, rubbing my belly, and getting the house all set up for you.  He painted your room and put all your items together.  It was so very fun getting your nursery set up together and I cannot wait till we finally bring you home to your little purple and pink safari themed room.  You are already so spoiled because we just want the best life has to offer you.  We may not always have that luxury, but know it's one of our desires to give you everything you need and some things you will want/cherish all your life.  You are so blessed with all the love surrounding you already and it will only grow as you do.

        One of my greatest prayers for you since I found out you were on your way is that you are blessed all your life.  The dictionary has a few definitions for Blessed...  The first is to be consecrated, this means that you are set apart and dedicated to God as long as you live.  Following His purpose is life's greatest reward.  Secondly, blessed can be defined as worthy of adoration.  You are so special, there is no one like you, never has been and never will be.  You deserve to be adored for who you are never forget that.  The next definition I really love, you will be divinely and supremely favored.  I have prayed blessings over you and I know God honors prayers.  In everything you do I believe you will be blessed and shown His favor.  Always put your heart into anything you decide to undertake and don't forget that you ARE chosen and set apart.  Finally, being blessed can mean being blissfully happy and contented.  Please understand that life can and will be hard at times, but it's who you are and what you make of it that matters.  You can choose to be happy and you can choose to be sad...  Decide every day that you will make the best of it and it will be a good day.  One of the first songs I heard when I was pregnant is a major reason I chose this prayer for you.  It was Elton John's "Blessed".


         Know that I will always love you, you are my daughter.  I look forward to teaching you to be a woman of integrity, honor, wisdom, gentleness, strength, courage, compassion, thoughtfulness, beauty and excellence.  I know there will be days you will hurt and I will share in those pains just like I'll share in your joys and successes.  Just know that no matter what decisions you have made or where you go your mother will stand by your side.  I will always be here to give you advice and to just listen when you've lost your way.  There is nothing that can change how much I love you, and I know that mistakes get you where you are going... so learn from them and appreciate the lessons.  In the end you will be the woman I know you are destined to be and that the journey is just part of the process.  For now, I will hold you tight.  Please know you will always have my arms to run to no matter what age you are.  I cannot always protect you from the world, but I can catch you when you fall, if you let me.    
         
         Life is full of wonder, beauty, and extraordinary moments.  When you get through the darkest times you will discover just how sweet life can be on the other side of your pain.  Explore all the world has to offer, find new activities you love.  Take part in life, don't just watch it go by.  Travel the world and learn to love experiences more than objects.  Things in this life come and go, but experiences, friendship, and family build character and lifetime memories!  Cherish your family and honor them for they will always be your foundation and your rock.  Seek God out in all places and make your own joy, don't wait for it to just happen.  I love you so very much and look forward to the many years we will spend together!  For now daddy and I await your arrival and the day that will change our lives for forever!


Love You, 
Mommy
"No one will ever know the strength of my love for you.  After all, you're the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside." 

No comments:

Post a Comment